Unpublished writers: Polish the first 7000 words of those manuscripts! The 2012 Royal Ascot will open for Entries on February 1st, 2012. In the next few weeks, details will be available on our webpage and through MyRWA, but, for now, here are highlights:
This year’s contest will be open to unpublished authors and authors who have not been contracted in book length fiction by RWA PAN definition in the last 5 years. All entries must have at least partial Regency (Late Georgian) setting, broadly defined: within the United Kingdom between 1780 and 1840. No synopsis is necessary!Our categories will be used to assign first round judges to the manuscript types they prefer:
Regency Historical (longer Regency or Mainstream Regency-set)
Hot Regency (Very sensual to Erotic Regency, at author’s discretion)
Wild Regency (Paranormal, Time Travel, other similar Regency)
Sweet & Mild Regency (Traditional, Inspirational, Young Adult or other without explicit sex).
Each entry will be judged by three judges, including at least one published in Regency Romance. The lowest score will be dropped, and the top six entries will move to the final round.
Our Final Round Judges are:
- Stephany Evans, Fine Print Literary
- Louise Fury, L Perkins Agency
- Pam Hopkins, Hopkins Literary Associates
- Lauren Plude, Hachette Book Group
- Angela Polidoro, Random House
- Deb Werksman, Sourcebooks
Besides the February 1st opening, some additional important dates are:
- Friday April 6th, 2012, midnight PDT: Deadline for all parts of entry
- Finalists Announced May 25th, 2012
- Winner(s) will be announced at The Beau Monde Conference
Further details will be announced on the blog and website soon! If you have any questions, feel free to contact this year’s co-coordinators, Sarah Tormey and Wendy La Capra, at email@example.com. Thank you!