The Beau Monde proudly presents a round-up of many Regency history, general historical, and writing related blog posts over the last couple of weeks.
Our Assembly Room is going to be a regular feature, so we hope you will return many times. We’d love to encounter you at The Beau Monde’s next Regency Assembly where many of our own authors be making their bows.
Many thanks to Beau Monde member, Angelyn Schmid, for finding these. And if you want to read even more Regency history, Angelyn has many posts on her own blog.
- A short history of gambling – and a very nice Caravaggio too! http://historicalhussies.
- Tension in writing: It’s not about the Cougar–or the overturned tilbury, for that matter. http://writersinthestorm.
wordpress.com/2011/11/04/it% e2%80%99s-not-about-the- cougar/
- Lady Spencer, an Aristocratic Mother (or, some insight into Caro Lamb): http://
cherylsregencyramblings. wordpress.com/2011/11/06/lady- spencer-an-aristocratic- mother/
- The Importance of Research — confirming and reconfirming, ain’t it the truth? http://www.
- The Privileges of being a Peer — scandalum magnatum, anyone? http://twonerdyhistorygirls.
- Regency Jewels – a really beautiful blog: http://www.taracohen.com/cms/
- Social customs and etiquette in the traditional Regency (from the editor’s viewpoint) – http://auroraregency.blogspot.
- Regency slang and a little boy’s puddin’ box – http://englishhistoryauthors.
blogspot.com/2011/11/so-much- to-say.html?showComment= 1321286621981# c5097436747388888620
- Jumping into the story – this is so true: http://ellaquinnauthor.
- Real-life Regency romance of Anne Becher, William Makepeace Thackeray’s mum: http://romancingthepast.
- Horses and writing – never thought of it that way! http://writersinthestorm.
wordpress.com/2011/11/21/6- key-writing-lessons-i%e2%80% 99ve-learned-from-horses/
- England was not the only realm with a social season: http://www.
- Interview with Jennifer Kloester on Georgette Heyer – good heavens! All those lovely books! http://lovecatsdownunder.
blogspot.com/2011/12/ interview-with-jennifer- kloester.html